Mark J. Heley, of counsel, is one of the national preeminent mediators in the area of construction law. He has served as a mediator or arbitrator in over 1,000 matters involving complex construction, real estate and commercial matters. His experience includes contract negotiations, claims and litigation on landmark projects such as the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome, the Mall of America, Washington National Airport, St. Paul International Airport and the Hiawatha Light Rail Transit Corridor.
Mark frequently lectures on topics relating to construction and alternative dispute resolution, and has made presentations both nationally and locally. He served as Chair of the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Construction Section, and currently sits on the Governing Committee of the American Bar Association’s Forum on the Construction Industry.
- Contract review and preparation, business advice, risk management for construction professionals
- Construction litigation, including professional liability, claims for delays, disruption and losses of efficiency, breaches of contracts for performance, scope of work and payment; complex multi-party insurance coverage issues and construction defects.
- Mediation and arbitration of complex construction, real estate and commercial matters
- North Dakota
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- United States District Court for the District of North Dakota
- Minnesota State Bar Association/Past Chair-Construction Law Section
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association/Professional Liability and Construction Forum Committees
- Past Chair, Design Division of the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry
- Repeatedly recognized since 1999 by the Minnesota Law & Politics magazine in its annual survey as one of top 4.5% of Minnesota attorneys
- Listed as one of Super Lawyers “Top 100” Minnesota lawyers, 2005, 2006
- Consistently achieved the highest rankings (AV rating) by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- B.A., University of North Dakota, cum laude, 1981
- Hamline University School of Law, cum laude, 1984