Elizabeth Ridley Scott
Attorney at Law
Email: [email protected]
Connect on LinkedIn →
Download v-Card →
Elizabeth is a business trial attorney focusing on a variety of business disputes, including noncompete disputes, employment litigation, contract matters, financial services issues, and advising clients on financial matters, including estate planning. She often represent clients before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). This work includes investor complaints for unsuitable recommendations, Ponzi schemes, or breach of fiduciary duty. Elizabeth represents registered representatives in noncompete and nonsolicitation matters, regulatory issues, expungement, commission disputes, and other employment matters.
Elizabeth also works with clients on estate planning, probate matters and estate litigation. She is well-known for representing law enforcement officers, state troopers, police officers and other first responders in protecting their assets for their loved ones through the use of trusts and other estate planning tools.
Elizabeth is a volunteer with Minnesota Wills for Heroes, a nonprofit providing estate plans for first responders. She also works with families that have a child with a disability and coordinating estate planning with governmental benefits through the use of supplemental needs or special needs trusts.
Outside of the office Elizabeth spends time with her family and rescue dog, Hagrid, runs, and coaches Wayzata High School’s mock trial team.
Elizabeth is a passionate alum of the University of Minnesota and regularly seen supporting the Gopher basketball, football and volleyball teams. Ski-U-Mah!
- Business Litigation
- Securities Fraud and Broker-Dealer Litigation in FINRA Forum
- Employment Litigation
- Estate Planning and Litigation
- Business Transactions
- 2021 Minnesota Rising Star
- 2020 Minnesota Rising Star
- 2019 Minnesota Rising Star
- CALI Award for Corporations (Hamline University School of Law, 2014)
- B.A., University of Minnesota, 2011
- Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude, Hamline University School of Law, 2014
- Managing Editor, Hamline Law Review
- Dean’s Summer Fellow
- Mitchell Hamline Adjunct Professor
- Volunteer with Minnesota Wills for Heroes
- Wayzata High School Mock Trial Attorney Coach