Elizabeth P. Ridley is an associate and business trial attorney. Elizabeth’s practice focuses on business disputes, non-competes, employment litigation, and contract matters. Elizabeth also represents clients before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Her work before FINRA includes customer complaints for unsuitable or speculative investment recommendations and registered representatives in employment disputes. Elizabeth also has an estate planning practice which includes preparation of wills, trusts and estate plans for individuals.
After her second year of law school, Elizabeth worked as a summer associate for a Chinese law firm, the Global Law Office. Her work in Shanghai focused on antitrust law, mergers and acquisitions, employment and labor law, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). She serviced both Chinese and international corporations with a presence in China. While in law school Elizabeth worked as a research assistant, focusing her research on the Chinese real estate market and Chinese investors in the United States real estate market. Elizabeth studied Asian Languages and Literature during her undergraduate career and speaks conversational Chinese. Elizabeth is an avid Gopher hockey, football, and basketball fan.
- Business Litigation
- Securities Fraud and Broker-Dealer Litigation in FINRA Forum
- Employment Litigation
- Estate Planning and Litigation
- Business Transactions
- 2019 Minnesota Rising Star
- CALI Award for Corporations (Hamline University School of Law, 2014)
- B.A., University of Minnesota, 2011
- Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude, Hamline University School of Law, 2014
- Managing Editor, Hamline Law Review
- Dean’s Summer Fellow
- Mitchell Hamline Adjunct Professor
- Volunteer with Minnesota Wills for Heroes