The landscape of the digital world is constantly changing, presenting new and ever-more complex challenges and threats to businesses in maintaining the privacy and security of their most valuable asset – information. The collection, use, processing, and disposal of information is subject to a maze of state, national, and international laws, regulations, and rules that are complex, often times contradictory, and always changing.
Minnesota Cybersecurity Attorneys
Our attorneys are able to advise clients on legal and regulatory requirements, industry standards, and best practices that apply to data privacy and information security. Heley, Duncan & Melander offers the following cybersecurity and data privacy services:
- Internal and external cyber security and privacy audits and assessments;
- Information risk assessment and management;
- Data security program, practice, and policy development, drafting, and implementation;
- Privacy notice/disclosures;
- Third-party vendor and supply chain risk and security review and assessments;
- Incident management, response, and recovery plans;
- Consultation, guidance, and advice on issues relating to industry, regulatory, and legal standards and requirements, including:
- Graham-Leach Bliley Act
- New York Department of Financial Services Cybersecurity Requirements For Financial Services Companies
- Stored Communications Act
- Potential liability and reporting requirements following a data breach, including class actions, contract actions, shareholder derivative lawsuits, and government-imposed investigations and sanctions; and
- Cyber security insurance.
No business is immune from a data security incident or breach. Let our attorneys assist you in developing and implementing an information privacy and security programs that comply with industry, regulatory, and legal requirements, and will help protect your vital business information and minimize loss and speed recovery after a data breach or network intrusion.